Become part of the growing bike-share movement by joining in the initiative to help operate a bike share program in greater Atlanta. Ideal candidates will have bicycle shop experience in sales, customer service, and bicycle repairs and/or experience working for other bike share programs.
– Become an expert on all working aspects of bike share bikes.
– Work under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
– Bicycle assembly
– Repair bikes as needed to manufacturers specifications.
– Balancing stations: driving a vehicle, collecting bicycles, loading and unloading bicycles from vehicle, and balancing hub locations
– Bicycle inspections and repairs
– Station and bicycle cleaning
– Maintenance record keeping
– Interaction with back-office software system
– Customer service
– Bicycle safety orientations
– Other tasks and duties, as needed, beyond daily responsibilities
– Inventory management
– Bike manufacture contact
– Minimum 2 years in similar role.
– Ability to manage bicycle repair schedule.
– Ability to oversee and train others.
– Ability to manage a budget and inventory.
– Certification from a recognized bicycle mechanic program.
– Proven technical and mechanical aptitude and innovation.
– Bicycle repair skills and mechanical abilities
– Ability to load, and move around bicycles, 50 pounds each
– Valid Driver’s License with good safety record
– Willingness to work outdoors
– Strong interest in bicycles and transportation
– Computer skills
The Relay Bikeshare program is operated by CycleHop, a leading bike share company. We are seeking a Bikeshare Mechanic to provide routine maintenance and field balancing operations for the program.
– High School or equivalent
– Driver’s license
Bike Mechanic – 1 year