This is big news! The City of Atlanta and Relay Bike Share have been hard at work. We’ll be adding 12 more stations to Midtown and downtown Atlanta by the end of the year.
The new Relay Bike stations will be located at:
- Piedmont Avenue and Auburn Avenue Station in Downtown Atlanta
- Marietta Street and Forsyth Street Station in Downtown Atlanta
- Centennial Olympic Park at Park Avenue Station in Downtown Atlanta
- Peachtree Center Avenue and International Boulevard Station in Downtown Atlanta
- Civic Center MARTA Station in Downtown Atlanta
- North Avenue MARTA Station in Downtown Atlanta
- Bobby Dobb Station in Midtown Atlanta
- Tech Square Station in Midtown Atlanta
- Midtown MARTA Station in Midtown Atlanta
- 10th Street and Myrtle Street Station in Midtown Atlanta
- 11th Street and Crescent Avenue Station in Midtown Atlanta
- Piedmont Park at 14th Street Station in Midtown Atlanta
We used public input to determine the new bike station locations for the next phase.
Becky Katz, Chief Bicycle Officer for the City of Atlanta stated,
“It is our goal to ensure that every community in the City of Atlanta can access this fantastic transportation option and I’m excited to work with the Bike Share Champions and local community members to site stations and remove barriers to using the system.”
We partnered with the City of Atlanta, Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, WeCycle, Urban Perform, Red, Bike & Green Atlanta to implement the Bike Share Champion program. We hired 10 residents of Westside Atlanta neighborhoods to help with community awareness and outreach. The Bike Share Champions are natural advocates for biking and they will introduce the Relay bike share program to Atlanta’s Westside neighborhoods. By Spring 2017 we hope to have Relay Bike Share stations on the Westside.
We are grateful to all of our partners and pass holders Relay Bike Share would not be rolling into new neighborhoods without your support.
Follow us on social media for more details.